Wednesday, January 5, 2022

NIBBLE

 Dear Harry,

You may recall that I had the offer of a contract on a collection of our letters from a "hybrid" publisher before Christmas. Hybrid means the author pays part of the publication costs, so it's somewhere half way between self-publishing and the commercial route. While I was tempted by the offer--I'm feeling the pressure of rapidly accumulating years--I decided to hold off for a while to see if I could generate interest among genuine literary agents and look for a more conventional publisher.

So I thought you'd be chuffed to hear that we got our first nibble from a prominent literary agency today. It's just a preliminary response to my query letter, but I choose to think of it as a good omen, since this was one of the very first letters I sent out. The agent requested the first 10,000 words of the book (the total word count is 90,000), so I sent those off this morning. 

Keep your fingers crossed, Harry! Wish me luck!

With love, Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm posting today about "Bipolar Bear," a memoir by my friend Carl Davis--a man whom many of you know from his presence as an ...