Tuesday, December 14, 2021

CRICKET

Well, Harry, I read the strangest thing today. You'll find this hard to believe. The national sport of your native land could be threatened by climate change! More frequent rainstorms mean less days when cricket can be played--not an unusual occurrence in England even in my youth, of course, but apparently the situation is measurably worse today. England without cricket! Can you imagine? I never played the game myself, not even at school. I think I've written to you before about the trouble I had tracking a ball as it moves through space. Couldn't hit it, couldn't catch it, couldn't kick it...! A total duffer. Ah well, no one is asking me to play cricket these days, in Los Angeles. But I thought you'd be interested. Rest well, Peter 

2 comments:

  1. You may be surprised to know that the USA men's cricket team are ranked at number 18 in the world, that's behind such mighty nations as Oman and Nepal but ahead of Namibia and Papua New Guinea. You may be called up any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised. Better get my bowling arm in training!

    ReplyDelete

I'm posting today about "Bipolar Bear," a memoir by my friend Carl Davis--a man whom many of you know from his presence as an ...