Tuesday, December 28, 2021

JIG-SAW

This is proving to be a devilishly hard jig-saw puzzle. If you'r an occasional puzzler, as am I, you'll know that the usual way to start is with the edges. Find the straight edges, fit them all together and you'll have a frame to work from, to work toward the middle parts. But in this puzzle, all those straight edge pieces have the same double line running through the middle...



... most confusing! I've discovered the best way to start is to take a couple of the larger colorful images and work on them...


Still, a lot of damn pieces to contend with. 1,000 of them, it says on the box. See you in 2022! (If then...)







3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes ... I am a puzzler and a neighbor and I stick to puzzles under that 1,000 piece amount ... Too many pieces for our two card tables! Whew I live, we have a lot of puzzlers, plus a little library where we have a lot of puzzles to choose from.
    I always sort out the border pieces and then get the frame built ... then we start on the innards! Great fun for us seniors who can still work them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's my usual approach. This one forbids it!$

    ReplyDelete

I'm posting today about "Bipolar Bear," a memoir by my friend Carl Davis--a man whom many of you know from his presence as an ...