Friday, December 24, 2021

WALKING...

It's Christmas Eve, even in Southern California. I love being able to accompany those British bloggers and wonderful photographers as they take me back to the countryside of my young days. Such nostalgia, especially at this time of year! In revenge, I invite you to join me on my cliff walk in Laguna Beach. My pictures are just iPhone snaps, but there you go...

We have palms, plenty of those...


Here's a view back over Main Beach, a bird of paradise in the foreground... Unfortunately the weather is, um... English. Try to imagine our usual ridiculously blue skies, bright sunshine...


See what I mean about the clouds?


We have rocky coves and breaking waves...




... and more palm trees


We have prickly cactus, of course. 


... and knotty palm trunks...


...and wind-blasted trees. That's my wife, Ellie, walking up ahead...


Our seagulls are pretty much the same as everywhere in the world, except that they normally have better weather. This one surveying his--or her--domain...


Someone thought to improve the looks of this agave plant with decorative Christmas tree balls...


... and added a note of greeting down below...


These tree trunks would be the envy of any sculptor, I believe...


... as would this other wind-blasted tree...


Waves, um... break eternally on the sandy shore...


Well, it's not England, is it? But still beautiful. And the weather is usually a lot better--but we enjoy the clouds and, especially, the rain, when it blesses us as it did finally today. And when we arrive home for breakfast after our walk we get to enjoy oranges from our tree...


HAPPY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm posting today about "Bipolar Bear," a memoir by my friend Carl Davis--a man whom many of you know from his presence as an ...